- Roxanne Sahlin on My Personal Photographic Journey
- Roxanne Sahlin on Dear Abby, An X-Pro 1 Stole My Heart-Should I Tell My Canon Goodbye?
- Shannon Esposito on My Personal Photographic Journey
- Dave Maus on Dear Abby, An X-Pro 1 Stole My Heart-Should I Tell My Canon Goodbye?
- Dave Maus on Classic Cars Through A Lensbaby Optic – Dreamy!
Tag Archives: Tamron 180 f/3.5 Macro
Nothing is ordinary when you’re shooting with a great macro lens! Small worlds become larger than life. I shot this image with my much loved Tamron SP 180mm f/3.5 Di LD Aspherical lens. This lens lets me get in close without frightening off skittish (or sometimes biting or stinging subjects). For this image I shot at f/8 to get a bit more detail in the flower and the moth. I really liked the resulting image but I wanted to punch it up for something with a bit of a painterly look. For this image I used some textures from Melissa Gallo’s Painted Textures collection. I used Yuletide (from her free Christmas gift set) and Pastel Impasto from her gorgeous Butter Paint collection. I finished the image off with an overlay from the Vintage Refrain collection in Leslie Nicole’s French Kiss Collections.
Dust off your camera and get out there and shoot something wonderful!